- RSS Channel Showcase 8798363
- RSS Channel Showcase 1926545
- RSS Channel Showcase 2661763
- RSS Channel Showcase 1089570
Articles on this Page
- 12/20/17--20:29: _f27 Seems unstable
- 12/20/17--23:38: _Ubuntu 17.10 bad pr...
- 12/21/17--01:34: _FC27 , my bad, can'...
- 12/21/17--04:21: _FC 27 Nautilus /boo...
- 12/21/17--04:40: _dnf dragora functio...
- 12/21/17--05:17: _How do I download v...
- 12/21/17--05:22: _How to reset the co...
- 12/21/17--06:05: _F27: no sound after...
- 12/21/17--07:21: _Confirming MTU 9000...
- 12/21/17--07:23: _Missing Boot Record...
- 12/21/17--13:01: _NVidia module crash...
- 12/21/17--13:30: _[SOLVED] A question...
- 12/21/17--14:26: _second screen becom...
- 12/21/17--15:37: _Why libreoffice-mat...
- 12/21/17--16:12: _plug your weather s...
- 12/21/17--19:02: _Upgrade To 27/Gnome...
- 12/21/17--19:31: _Wrong UUID Assigned...
- 12/21/17--22:46: _Graphical log In. ...
- 12/21/17--22:59: _long lag in time
- 12/22/17--02:21: _Problem with removi...
- 12/20/17--20:29: f27 Seems unstable
- 12/20/17--23:38: Ubuntu 17.10 bad problem for some lenovo laptops
- 12/21/17--01:34: FC27 , my bad, can't "upgrade" anymore.
- 12/21/17--04:21: FC 27 Nautilus /boot /(root) and /home directories in Places
- 12/21/17--04:40: dnf dragora functionality in fc27
- 12/21/17--05:17: How do I download video clips from tumblr?
- 12/21/17--05:22: How to reset the configuration of preinstalled packages?
- 12/21/17--06:05: F27: no sound after switching to another user account
- 12/21/17--07:21: Confirming MTU 9000 Sent\Received
- 12/21/17--07:23: Missing Boot Record: journalctl --list
- 12/21/17--13:01: NVidia module crashes grub2
- 12/21/17--13:30: [SOLVED] A question about KDE
- 12/21/17--14:26: second screen becomes primary when lid closed
- 12/21/17--16:12: plug your weather station into linux
- 12/21/17--19:02: Upgrade To 27/Gnome Failed From 26
- 12/21/17--19:31: Wrong UUID Assigned by Grubby For Last Two Kernels
- 12/21/17--22:46: Graphical log In. how to restore please.
- 12/21/17--22:59: long lag in time
- 12/22/17--02:21: Problem with removing packages using dnf
Been running F27 for about 2 or 3 weeks now and it seems to be very unstable on my Dell Laptop (Latitude E6510). Here are some examples of what I mean:
1. When it goes to sleep when I close the top, it takes 20 seconds or more to wake back up and let me sign in, and some times it stays black...
From launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1734147
Impact: Many users are reporting issues with bios corruption with 17.10. This seems to stem from enabling the intel-spi-* drivers in the kernel, which don't appear to be ready for use on end-user machines.
OK, so I have this a-bit-old beat-up laptop where I have decided not to use the hard drive (it's already being used by wifey as a kitchen accessory), but boot it always from a USB stick. So, yesterday I decided to yum upgrade it, but apparently it failed. it just got "stuck" after...
After upgrading Fedora 26 to 27 after a couple of weeks in Nautilus:
Three partitions appeared mounted in the side-bar (I think it is called "Places" ?) /boot / and /home all with the eject button an /home even with the format option!:dis:
I looked into the settings of Nautilus an those of the...
I understand that yumex-dnf is no longer being developed and it had become a PITA to use in FC26. But at least it allowed the end-user to see what version of software was installed or was available, as well as providing a decent display of information. Can we not have this with the new dnf dragora...
I would like to save some video clips from tumblr, however, when I go to view page source, there are no obvious links to files with extensions such as .mp4 .mov etc. So how do I save a video file if at all possible?
Thanks in advance
oh i have just realized potentially this thread...
I messed a lot with my audio settings which includes pulseaudio, qjackctl, jackd and alsa.
Now I'm at a point where sound doesn't come out of the right speakers anymore and there are multiple pulseaudio devices... It's a mess.
I would like to reset all settings related to the above mentioned...
$ mplayer /ramdisk/1.mp3
MPlayer 1.3.0-7 (C) 2000-2016 MPlayer Team
do_connect: could not connect to socket
connect: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.
How can I test to see if I can send packets from one system to another with the MTU's of 9000 (all the way through)?
I can ping OK via: *ping mysrv -c 1 -M do -s 8972*
Ideally being able to check if the packet is disassembled (by say a device that only supports 1500) and reassembled...
F27 on Lenovo x200 DE=Mate
I'm trying to diagnose the lack of Wifi after the last kernel update (4.14.6-300).
The current running and working kernel with no errors is (4.14.3-300). A week or so ago I updated to kernel-4.14.5-300 and experienced no Wifi, wifi was not listed in the...
I have basically two issues while the first one might be a bug.
1) I upgraded from FC26 to FC27 a few days ago. Since I had some issues with the NVidia driver I tried to remove the 340 and install the 304 again. This completely destroyed grub2 such that it came into rescue mode. After...
What were the devs thinking when they "killed root access"?
How are things in certain files / folder to be changed now, if need be? (By their thinking) Or arn't they?
I saw an article that stated that this can be "undone" but why do it in the FIRST place?
Please, I'm asking to learn... & to...
I have a second monitor attached to my laptop, which becomes my primary screen when I close the lid of my laptop. How can I force fedora to keep the second monitor as the secondary screen, despite closing the lid. Does this happen because the primary screen gets turned off by closing the lid? Is...
Hi. I already used LibreOffice provided by libreoffice.org and math is an autonomous application, but the libreoffice-math provided by Fedora doesn't look like an application. Should I give up the libreoffice provided by Fedora?
Check this out guys:
very well explained. Will try it myself.
Upgrade failed in Gnome Software and on the command line.
From Gnome Software the system would either just reboot into the previous distro or reboot, display text stating that the upgrade would take a long time, then reboot into the previous distro (26).
From the command line I would get some...
I upgraded to F27 at the end of November and had no problems with kernel updates till the latest two kernels (4.14.5-300 and 4.14.6-300). After rebooting I would not have any wifi connectivity and while investigating this I discovered that I had booted with the above mentioned kernels into the root...
Fedora 27. 64 bit running wayland.
I was playing around with Samba, messed it up and wanted to start again from fresh.
Looked up what others had indicated.
Was running gnome desktop (workstation) from a graphical log in but has a terminal open as root and entered;
dnf remove samba...
Fedora 27 upgraded from Fedora 26 64 bit.
Graphical Log in using X. I do not use Wayland because when Libre Office opens it opens the files in a small window and one has top expand them or drag the frames to get a workable area to even see the contents of the file. very annoying and...
I don't understand how to fix this problem. I always ge the same error message on dnf remove xxxx
[elnour@Bjorn-Ubuntu ~]$ dnf remove fedora-repos-rawhide yum-utils No such command: remove. Please use /usr/bin/dnf --help It could be a DNF plugin command, try: "dnf install 'dnf-command(remove)'"...